Venus and the Emperor. A very tasty recipe.
A charmy and irresistable Venus, togheter with soft lentils, deep yellow mango, vibrant lemon, avocado pulp and soia juice becomes wonderful crib of a proud and elegant Norway Salmon (our Emperor) who can simply fall in love in front of such a beauty!
By using a bit of fantiasy, this is my way to tell you Abram’s recipe.
A fews days ago he prepared this nice dish and we had a really light yet tasteful lunch… with a kind of aphrodisiac flavour.
Well, about the Venus and the Emperor, did you know that this special type of rise, that taste like fresh baked bread and is 100% gluten free, was used to be served only to the Emperor, during the time of the old China? The reason is in part connected to its high price, and in part connect to its assumed aphrodisiac powers. Indeed it was called the Rise of Love.
Venus Rise is a 100% Made in Italy product, actually, which was born in 1997 in Vercelli (Piemonte) a really famouse rice fields area. This special kind of rise comes from two varieties: a white local one, a really strong one, and a black asiatic one, impossible to grow in our country.
But now it’s time for the recepie. We hope you gonna like it!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
– 200 gr. Venus Rice;
– 200 gr lentils;– 200 gr fresh or smoked salmon;
– 1 mango;
– 1 avocado;
– Soia juice;
– Salt/Pepper/Red pepper powered QB;
– 4 spoons of white sesam seeds;
– 100 gr of smoked almonds;
– 100 ml evo;
– 1 lemon (juice and skin);
– 100 gr chopped parsley;
– 50 gr chopped mint;
– Colorful salad leaves for the ending decoration.
1. Boil the rice and the lentils in two different pots (about the cooking time, that depends of which brand of rice and lentils you will choose).
2. When boiled let them cool in a streiner .
3. Then, place them in two different plateaus and covered them with kitchen paper, to soak up the left cooking water.
4. The next step consists in preparing the marinate with soia juice, evo, lemon’s juice and skin, red hot chilly peppers, pepper and salt.
5. After that you can cut in small cubes the mango and the avocado.
6. Rice and lentils should be now enterely cool, so you can place them in a deep enought bowl, mixing all the ingredients togheter (soia juice including).
7. Then, chop parsley and mint and add them to your prepared mix.
8. Roasted almonds, sesam seeds and and keep them aside for the ending decoration.
9. Choose a colorful dinner plate and centred an iron ring, within which you will put few spoons of your rice.
10. Press it down firmly and then remove the iron ring.
11. Now you can end your dish with the fresh (or smoked) salmon cutted in small pieces, roasted almonds, sesam seeds and pine nuts, and decorate it with few little and colorful salad leafs.
Well, now it’s really time to enjoy your dish… what do you think?
Did you like this recepie? Great!
PASS IT ON! And if you decide to make it, share with us your dish by using the hastag #ieatfoodtours on IG, or writing us in private message on FB (I Eat Food Tours) or IG.
See you next time 🙂