Our design culinary experiences in Turin do not include architectural and archaeological treasures, festivals, monuments and landmarks, museums and exhibitions, theatres, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, religious venues, temples and churches. They are fully focused on the culinary treasures of the city and in the development of the local food and wine heritage.
Our design culinary experiences in Turin are created and run by local food experts with a huge, prestigious and documented background and expertise built as specialists in several fields such as food&beverage, event creation and management, travel and hospitality, and of course gastronomy. Plus, they are of course food enthusiasts in love with the city, of which they know all the most interesting and hidden spots – off the beaten path.
In 2018 our design culinary experiences in Turin have been promoted by Antonella Parigi, the Tourism Councilor of the Region Piedmont – who promoted them in occasion of the prestigious Bocouse d’Or Off 2018.
Our designed culinary experiences in Turin are part of the culinary and creative tourism.
Creative Tourism is a new type of tourism, recently theorized and defined by Greg Richards and Crispin Raymond in 2000. They defined creative tourism as: “Tourism which offers visitors the opportunity to develop their creative potential through active participation in courses and learning experiences, which are characteristic of the holiday destination where they are taken.” (Richards, Greg et Raymond, Crispin, 2000). Creative Tourism involves active participation from tourists in experiences specific to each holiday destination. Such as food and wine in Piedmont.
Culinary tourism or food tourism or gastronomy tourism is the exploration of food as the purpose of tourism. It is considered a vital component of the tourism experience. Dining out is common among tourist and “food is believed to rank alongside climate, accommodation, and scenery in importance to tourists.
By purchasing tickets for and/or participating in the Food Tasting Walking Tours (“Tours”) or/and Events (“Events”) offered by I EAT FOOD TOURS & EVENTS (the “Company”), and in consideration for my being allowed to participate in the Tours/Events, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I, and if I am not yet 18 years old, my parent or legal guardian (individually and collectively referred to below in the first person singular) agree to be bound by each of the following provisions of this waiver, release of liability, indemnification, consent to medical attention and grant of rights (“Waiver”) :
1. Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that my participation in the Tours/Events is voluntary. I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make me especially susceptible to injury or disability while participating in the Tours.
2. Comprehension of Risk. I fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with my participation in the Tours/Events including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, and injuries arising from self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, and pedestrians. I understand that the Tours/Events take place in public areas and venues under conditions largely beyond I Eat Food Tours & Events (the Company’s) control.
3. Assumption of Risk. I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the Tours & Events. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in the Tours or/and Events.
4. Release of Liability. I hereby forever and unconditionally release Company and its affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders, and directors (collectively “Released Entities”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) for death, injury, loss or damage of property, (collectively “Claims”) in any way arising out of my participation in the Tours or/and Events, including, without limitation, any and all Claims resulting from the negligence of the Released Entities.
5. Consent to Medical Treatment. I authorize Company to provide to me, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon Company to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
6. Promotional Release. I hereby grant to Company the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use photographic portraits, pictures, video footage and/or audio recordings (Materials) of my participation in the Tours and Events, in which I may be included intact or in part, including the negatives, prints, transparencies or digital information relevant to such portraits. Company has the right to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, broadcast, digitize, edit, or otherwise use the Material, by any method and in any media, whether now existing or later created, without restriction throughout the world, by incorporating the Material into its website, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, or
commercial, informational, educational, advertising, or promotional materials relating thereto (the Works). I agree that Company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest, including copyright, in the Material and the Works. I further grant to Company an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use my name and hometown in connection with the Material and the Works.
7. Cancellation Policy.
Due the Covid-19 you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience DATE for a full refund. (Cooking Classes, Online Cooking Classes and Events are; NON REFUNDABLE)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time. This experience requires good weather.
- If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers.
- If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Us.
THIS IS A WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I HAVE READ this entire document. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS. By Agreeing to its provisions. By continuing to participate in the tours, I am indicating my voluntary agreement to the provisions of this WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Participation in the tours by a person who is not yet 18 years old indicates that a parent or legal guardian has also read and consented to this waiver.